A MINOR flood warning has issued for the Macquarie River at Bathurst, by the NSW State Emergency Service (SES).
The rain is expected to cause minor flooding at Bathurst on Monday morning.
Up to 33 millimetres of rain has fallen since 9am on Sunday in the catchment of the Macquarie River. However the rain has eased since 3am on Monday.
The Macquarie River at Bathurst is expected to peak near the minor flood level of 3.40 metres around 2pm on Monday.
Residents at Georges Plains and Perthville should be aware that flooding along the Georges Plains and Vale Creek is likely to inundate low lying homes and businesses.
At this forecast height the low level bridge in Bathurst (George Street) is expected to close.
Farmers and other landholders are asked to move pumps and farm equipment, livestock, stock feed and chemicals from low lying areas to higher ground.
The NSW SES advises:
- The NSW SES advises that people avoid walking or driving through flood water it may be deeper and faster flowing than they realise and is a major cause of flood related deaths. Remember if its Flooded Forget it!
- For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW SES on 132 500. In life threatening emergencies call triple-0.
- Visit the NSW SES website at www.ses.nsw.gov.au for up to date information. For safety information on floods visit the NSW SES Flood Safe website at www.floodsafe.com.au.
- Listen to the designated emergency broadcaster ABC Central West and/or your local Radio Station for further information.
- For information on local roads contact your local council.
- For road information on State Government managed roads go to Live Traffic NSW website at http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au.
- For rural animal and livestock assistance contact your Local Land Services Office.
- For Bureau of Meteorology weather forecasts and flood predictions including river height information visit www.bom.gov.au.