FOUR performance artists - local and from across Australia - have spent 14 days exploring, experimenting and collaborating with local company Lingua Franca and Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre’s Local Stages.
They share FOUR, short solo dance and physical theatre pieces, Thursday night November 16 at 6pm at BMEC.
Tickets $10 from 6333 6161.
Meanwhile, a huge local cast have been having a ball bringing together Bathurst Shakespeare Players’ production of As You Like It.
Grab a picnic, some wine and join in frivolity in this classic Shakespeare comedy. Opening Thursday at 7pm at Abercrombie House.
Grab a picnic, some wine and join in frivolity.Shakespeare at Abercrombie House
Shows continue on Saturday, November 18 and then next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tickets 6331 4929.
Also on stage
- Dior and I is the third in the current series of films at Bathurst Regional Art Gallery.
- I’ve seen it and it’s compelling for anyone who loves glam fashion. Thursday at 6pm at BRAG.
- A Delightful Evening of jazz and other music featuring Gavin Tipping is promised for Friday night at 5.30pm at All Saints Cathedral. $20 at the door.
- The Spring Sound Festival, from 2pm to 4pm on Saturday at Mayfield Garden, is an opportunity to see the best of both Mitchell Conservatorium and the gardens. Tickets online.
- Macquarie Male Singers head to Oberon Uniting Church Hall for a concert on Sunday November 19 at 2pm featuring solos from guest artist Kathy Powell, complementing the boys from the choir in popular songs from some favourite musical shows. $10 at the door.
- Menopause the Comedy Musical is on Sunday November 19 at 7pm at Panthers.
BMEC will launch its 2018 season next Tuesday, November 21 at 6pm.
RSVP to the box office 6333 6161.
WE have a Latin American Film Festival to look forward to next week.
It is running from Monday, November 20 to Sunday November 26 at 4pm and 6pm each day at the Ponton Theatre at CSU.
Dean’s been busy
PROLIFIC renaissance man (artist, writer) Dean Mobbs launches his second book Dancing on a Pin alongside an exhibition of the same name this Saturday, November 18 at 5pm at his gallery in Keppel Street.