Role: Centre Director
Centre: Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane
Employment Type: Permanent full-time position
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life!
As the Centre Director at Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane you will use your experience and leadership qualities to engage and motivate your centre team to drive continuous improvement in all aspects across centre operation and to extend your network of relationships with children, families, and educators. You will work in collaboration with your centre leadership team .
You will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and engage in networks within the centre’s local community.
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Dubbo - Wheelers Lane is a 76 place centre located in a residential area, close to schools, shops and main roads making the daily drop-off and pick-up more convenient. Our centre is equipped with large classrooms – from Nursery to Kindergarten / Preschool - and playgrounds, catering for children aged from six weeks through to five years. We cater for each child at an individual level through play-based learning, in order to inspire a love of learning and investigation.
This position is a full time role, 38 hours a week - Monday-Friday with a RDO if you wish. Flexlbe working hours are also available along with work from home time!
You’ll help achieve this by:
- Having a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (or an approved Diploma level qualification recognised by ACECQA)
- Having strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Having a passion and willingness to learn
- Having strong working knowledge of all areas of the National Quality Framework
- Having commitment to safety and high standard of work output
- Having the desire to motive and encourage your fellow educators and those who may resist change
- Having the availability to work a rotating roster
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Supportive Team Culture
- Competitive above award rates
- Additional Wellbeing Days
- Purchased Additional Leave – up to 4 weeks
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (30%)
If you have previous experience as an Assistant Director, or in a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.