Our Pact Packaging division is pioneering a whole of product life cycle approach to sustainable packaging. Partnering with global brands to local dairy producers, we integrate supply chain efficiencies and sustainable practices into everything we design and manufacture.
About this opportunity
To contribute to a constant flow of containers entering and exiting depot. To operate equipment as a member of the site production team to ensure all customer requirements for reliable and quality supply of containers are met in accordance with the production plan while complying with all management systems (safety health environment quality and continuous improvements programs.)
Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Loading and unloading of ISO Tanks from delivery trucks
· Container cleaning inclusive of pressure cleaning, steam cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, and scrubbing
· Performs required task to all containers to repair product imperfections with adjustments within their area of responsibility in accordance with training and equipment operating procedures.
· Quality control inclusive of cleanliness inspections, odour detection and leak detection as well as Statutory Testing
· Cleans and maintains housekeeping in their work area, equipment and tools to provide a safe and effective work environment.
· Performs required process trouble shooting and minor maintenance functions. Using tools to perform duties as per training
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
· Proven experience in a similar medium to large scale industrial cleaning role
· Mechanical aptitude with an inquisitive mind-set
· High-pressure water blasting, forklift, confined space, first aid certificate, working at heights tickets desirable, however training can be provided for the right candidate
· Ability and strength to utilise a pressure cleaner
· Can follow instructions and follow procedure
· Experienced in utilising hand-tools, painting equipment, and ideally has experience with welding
· Exceptional eyesight with attention to detail
· Qualifications (Mechanical Fitter or Boilermaker) or can demonstrate equivalent experience/training will be highly regarded
Our vision is to lead the circular economy through packaging, reuse and recycling solutions. It’s a future-driven group commitment, designed to create lasting value.
We’re the largest plastics recycler in Australia and New Zealand and one of the region’s biggest user of recycled materials. We have 6,000+ team members, operate 110 manufacturing facilities across 15 countries, and our customers include some of the world’s largest brands that consumers know and trust.
As a global leader in circular and sustainable packaging solutions, we’ve committed to lead the circular economy through a $500 million investment plan.
For us, it’s about finding new and better ways of doing things. Ways to grow business, to give back to the environment and to enrich people’s lives every day.
Our promise is to create a better and more prosperous world all round.
That’s our future Pact. Let’s lead the way together.