MORE students will be able to commence studies at Charles Sturt University (CSU) in 2018 thanks to a 26 per cent increase in offers, new data shows.
Already, 13,605 offers have been made for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees on campus, and through CSU online for session one in 2018, this is up 26 per cent on the same time in 2016.
In addition, there has been an 11 per cent to 6729 on last year for places in undergraduate programs made through direct applications (including non-school leavers).
CSU Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students) Jenny Roberts said the increase bodes well for fulfilling one of the university’s crucial goals which is to deliver the workforce of the future.
“Congratulations to all prospective students who have been made an offer by Charles Sturt University whether it be directly or through UAC or Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC),” she said.
Further offers will be made by UAC in January Round 1 (Friday January 12, 2018) and January Round 2 (Wednesday, January 31).
Anyone contemplating study, either on-campus or through CSU online, should telephone CSU on 1800 334 733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice about available courses, entry requirements, pathways to CSU, and how to apply.
CSU offers to prospective students for undergraduate, on campus programs in 2018 through all admissions channels.*
- Bathurst: 1324 offers made for undergraduate on campus programs to date, up 45 per cent on the previous period.
- Albury-Wodonga: 798 offers made for undergraduate on campus programs to date, up 50 per cent on the previous period.
- Dubbo: 108 offers made for undergraduate on campus programs to date, up more than 80 per cent on the previous period.
- Orange: 247 offers made for undergraduate programs to date, up more than 80 per cent on the previous period.
- Port Macquarie: 990 offers made for undergraduate on campus programs to date, up almost 180 per cent on the previous period.
- Wagga Wagga: 1 826 offers made for undergraduate on campus programs to date, up 68 per cent on the previous period.
* Contributing to the variation in 2018 figures include the moving of the UAC main round offers from mid-January forward to late December.
University funding cuts
Meanwhile, Ms Roberts said the university remains very concerned about the prospect of higher education funding cuts by the federal government and how it will adversely impact regional students and communities.
“While we fear these cuts announced at the end of 2017 will place additional pressure on universities, we will continue lobbying for the higher education sector to retain essential funding for our regional students and our communities,” she said.
“I must also stress that there are many pathways into higher education, so Year 12 students who have not received an offer to study as yet should look at the many options for later rounds and pathway courses to the University.”