CHIFLEY Dam has been the place to be during the hot weather with crowds of people flocking to the waterway.
Swimming, water skiing, lunching and spending time with friends and family have been on the list of things to do.
Chifley Dam’s water level currently sits at 84.8 per cent with over 25,000ML in storage, Bathurst Regional Council data shows.
The average release of water from Chifley Dam is 86ML daily and currently there is no infolw.
The consumption of filtered water in Bathurst averages 28.5ML daily, which is the equivalent to11.4 Olympic sized swimming pools.
Treated water is returned to the Macquarie River and averages 7.4ML each day.
Chifley Dam is currently open for all water related recreational activities.
Be water wise
Bathurst Regional Council currently has no water restrictions, however, still encourages water wise behaviours, such as:
- Check that sprinklers are positioned so that water only falls on soft surfaces
- Water lawns and gardens out of the heat of the day (before 10am and after 4pm).
- Use trigger nozzles on your hoses.
- Clean paths and driveways with a broom or blower first.
- Only use a hose for health or safety reasons.