THE Bathurst Winter Festival got underway a lot earlier in the day than usual on Saturday, but that didn’t make much of a difference to the temperatures.
At 12pm when the festival started, Weatherzone was reporting temperatures of 6.6 degrees celsius in Bathurst.
However, it also said the temperature would have felt like 1.7 degrees.
There was also a little bit of a drizzle and cold winds, but that didn’t stop everyone from coming out to enjoy the attractions.
People still headed out onto the ice rink for their skating sessions, while some were brave enough to venture up into the sky on the ferris wheel.
Edible Alley also opened at 12pm, offering people food and drinks to keep them warm.
IGNITE THE NIGHT ATTRACTIONS
- Ice skating performances at 4.45pm, 5.45pm and 6.45pm
- Cirkus Surreal roving performers and staged performances in Machattie Park at 4.50pm, 6.15pm and 7.30pm
- Dancers from Pure Imagination Performing Arts in Machattie Park at 2.30pm
- Illuminations on buildings starting from dusk
- Silent Disco out the front of Bathurst Court House
- Live music in Kings Parade
- Edible Alley along Church Street
- Giant Slide in Church Street