A WOMAN and her teenage son were treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Kelso.
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) crews were called to a property on Rosemount Avenue in Kelso at 7.30pm on Tuesday following reports of a blaze in the property’s kitchen.
FRNSW Station Officer Chris Sanders said the female occupant had used a fire blanket in her home to partially extinguish the blaze before the crew’s arrival.
“The female occupant and her teenage son were treated for smoke inhalation,” he said.
The female occupant and her teenage son were treated for smoke inhalation.Fire and Rescue NSW Station Officer Chris Sanders
“She was treated on scene by oxygen therapy and we called paramedics.”
The woman and her son were not transported to hospital.
Station Officer Sanders said it was a small kitchen fire but the house was “rather smoke-logged”.
“We cleaned it out with a fan,” he said.
Station Officer Sanders said the blaze was cause by “food stuff on the stove” and he urged people not to leave cooking unattended.
“You’ve got to keep an eye out when you’re cooking because it only takes a second for your attention to be distracted and something could go wrong,” he said.