AS promised, work will start this financial year on the upgrade to the Great Western Highway at Raglan.
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) will begin investigation work on Thursday on the $30 million project to have dual lanes in both directions between Kelso and Raglan.
Member for Bathurst Paul Toole, along with Minister for Roads Melinda Pavey and Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance, announced the works at Raglan in June as part of a broader road infrastructure project for regional NSW.
“This is part of the NSW Government’s commitment to build a faster and safer road from the Central West to Greater Sydney,” Mr Toole said.
The RMS will undertake survey investigation work to inform the final design of the project.
Early work will start on Thursday and involve survey and geotechnical investigations, being carried out from Ashworth Drive through to Ceramic Avenue.
Workers will be on site from 7am to 6pm, weather permitting.
Changed traffic conditions will be in place, including lane closures closest to where the work is to be conducted.
The RMS has asked motorists to plan their trip, allow extra travel time and follow the direction of traffic control and all signs, including reduced speed limits, during this time.
Expanding the highway between Kelso and Raglan will add to the works, completed last year, from a $104 million project to double the capacity of a 2.8 kilometre section of the highway from Stockland Drive to Ashworth Drive.
During the construction period, there had been calls for the project to be expanded to Raglan.
“I am proud to keep delivering record investment into roads for the Bathurst electorate,” Mr Toole said.