JOIN award-winning poet Melinda Smith as she leads a very special weekend poetry workshop next month.
Enjoy the beautiful location of Sofala, its rich history, and its interesting landscape to inspire and give life to new poems.
The weekend includes a guided walk, a bush walk, time for exploring, note-taking and quiet writing as well as several face-to-face workshops at the Ryder Homestead with Melinda from Friday, October 19 to Sunday, October 21.
The aim of the weekend is to produce several draft poems each, using the inspiring location, strong feelings and memories.
Melinda will also cover several important tools for writing poems with impact.
Explore how to use sound, poetic form, emotion and experiment with different poetic voices.
The cost for this fabulous weekend is $495 including GST, accommodation and meals.
To inquire or register, phone 6337 7462 or email email@example.com.
Head to market
IF you’re looking for a way to support our farmers during the drought, why not head out to one of the brilliant local markets in the Central West.
Pick up some fabulous local art, grab lunch and buy your fresh produce for the week.
The markets include:
- Bathurst Farmers Market: Fourth Saturday of the month at Bathurst Showground.
- Condobolin Community Market: Several events throughout the year.
- Cowra Monthly Market: Third Sunday of the month at the Cowra Showground.
- Forbes Farmers Market: Fourth Saturday of the month at Forbes Showground.
- Grenfell Breakfast Table Market: Every three months on a Sunday at various venues.
- Hill End Community Market: Third Sunday of January, March, September and November.
- Lake Cargelligo Rotary Market: First Saturday of the month in front of the post office.
- Lithgow Village Market: Fourth Sunday of each month in the Civic Ballroom, Tony Luchetti Showground.
- Millthorpe Market: Twice a year on the first Sunday in April and December.
- Molong Village Market: Three times a year.
- Oberon Farmers Market: Monthly at St Barnabas’ Church, Oberon.
- Orange Region Farmers Markets: Every second Saturday of the month at North Court, Civic Centre.
- Parkes Up Markets: Bi-monthly breakfast markets held in Cooke Park.
- Tarana Community Farmers Market: Fourth Sunday of every month.
If you know of a market in the region that we haven't mentioned, send us the details with a photo at artsoutwest.org.au and we will post it up for you.