women’s rules GF

The swirling breeze at George Park 2 did not really favour any side, making it hard to hit targets as the ball held held up.

However, the tackling pressure was intense from the opening bounce, especially in the centre of the park as the battled for clearances.

It took seven minutes for the first attempt at goal to come, but Tamara Thompson’s effort from the pocket for the Giants did not find the mark.

When the Demons had their first inside 50 five minutes later, Chelsea Gibbs came up with a brilliant defensive sheppard for the Giants.

Down the other end, Demons fullback ?? 15 took a number of nice defensive marks as she read the play well in the testing breeze.

While both teams had their chances, at quarter-time it was nil-all, 

The Demons won the first centre clearance of the second term, but 18 got in front of the marking contest and got the Giants out of trouble.

The first scoring shot of the match came on 18 minutes when as 23 kick from Giants bounced through for a behind.

However, Emily Warner was starting to earn some quality possessions for the Demons in the centre and helped her side drive inside 50.

It led to Lauren Hazell?? grubbering the ball off the ground for the opening major.

7 and 2 combined for Giants soon after – 2 having a huge quarter her side - to help Danita Lane earn a set shot. But she pulled it to the right for a behind.

However, two minutes out from the long break from Lane’s second set shot the Giants took the lead, her effort going through for her side’s first major.

It made it 1-2-8 to 1-0-6 in the Giants’ favour at the long break.

An early Demons behind cut the margin to one in the third term and when hitting the post four minutes later, the game was bag on level terms.

With 40 minutes gone a Warner behind gave Demons the lead as the Dubbo outfit pilled on the pressure.

They dominated the inside 50s for the term, but the Giants scrambled to keep themselves in the contest.

But on the stroke of three-quarter time, Sophie Dixon ran into an open goal for the Giants and put her side back in front 2-2-14 to 1-4-10.

Ninety seconds into the final term, 14 Dubbo was awarded a controversial goal – the Giants appealing that it hit the post – and the Demons were back in front.

with five inutes to go there were two points in it,

DUBBO DEMONS 3-5-23 (Emily Warner, Alicia Clark, Lauren Hazell) defeated BATHURST GIANTS 2-4-16 (Danita Lane, Sophie Dixon)