LOCAL high school students will learn some of the basics of adult life at a series of workshops running in Bathurst over the next two weeks.
Bathurst Youth Council and TAFE NSW – Bathurst have teamed up for two How To Adult workshops.
The sessions are designed to equip young people with some of the practical skills and knowledge they will need as independent adults.
READ ALSO: Bathurst Halloween 2018 | Reader photos
The program includes:
- Changing a tyre and general vehicle maintenance checks, as well as tips on what to look for when buying a car.
- Mastering a basic meal and advice on doing laundry.
- An interactive exploration of teamwork, positive mental health, taking feedback, decision-making and goal-setting.
- Learning the key elements of budgeting.
- Applying for a job, including interview skills and tips for writing resumes and cover letters.
Students from MacKillop College and St Stanislaus’ College will take part in the workshop at Bathurst TAFE on Friday, November 2 with students from Denison College’s Bathurst and Kelso campuses booked in for Friday, November 9.