The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a fresh warning for severe thunderstorms over the next several hours in Mudgee, Lithgow, Bathurst, Oberon, Blayney and Orange.
It said thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones, heavy rainfall and damaging winds.
The warning was issued at 6.45pm and the next is due by 9:35pm.
The State Emergency Service advises people should:
- Move their cars under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around their house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on power bill.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
- If trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.