A thunderstorm on Friday evening left more than 2000 properties without power in Bathurst and its surrounding areas.
As of 6.30pm, the affected areas include the central business district, West Bathurst, Perthville, Evans Plains and Georges Plains.
More than 900 properties are also hit in the Canowindra area.
This is the second time in the past two weeks that a large number of properties were affected in Bathurst and other parts of the Central West.
The public are urged to call Essential Energy on 13 20 80 if you are experiencing an electricity supply interruption or if there are any wires down, sparks or fire in their areas.
The State Emergency Service (SES) advises people should:
- Move their cars under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around their house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
- If trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000, if need rescue.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.