Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Ingredients for six
What you need:
- 800g trimmed rump or blade steak
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp baharat spice mix, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fattoush salad
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley leaves coarsely chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, deseeded and cut into small dice
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 pieces pita bread, cut into 2-3cm pieces, plus extra bread to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
What to do:
Place beef on a large tray. Mix marinade in a small bowl and brush beef with marinade.
Preheat a barbecue to medium hot and cook beef, with the lid down, for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
Rest beef on a clean plate covered loosely with foil.
While beef is resting, drizzle asparagus with a little olive oil and grill asparagus until grill marks appear and asparagus is almost tender.
Place pita pieces on a baking tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with pepper and a little spice .
Bake in oven at 180°C fan forced for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
Slice beef and dress salad. Fold crisp pita pieces through salad at the last minute; serve extra pita bread on the side.
Make your own baharat spice mix using a combination of pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ground coriander, ground ginger.