A BLAYNEY man has knocked off from night shift to discover he's had a $200,000 pay day.
Paying off his home and buying a nice bottle of scotch are on top of the lucky's man wish list after he won first prize in the Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot draw 1350, drawn on Thursday.
Confirming his win with a NSW Lotteries official on Friday afternoon, the man said he had an inkling he'd won big.
"Very good, isn't it," he laughed. "Thank you so much!
"This morning, just after I finished night shift, I checked Facebook to see a friend had posted that someone in Blayney had won $200,000.
"That's when I remembered I had a ticket in yesterday's draw. I came into the newsagency hoping it was me and it was."
The man said the prize meant he'd be able to finally own his home.
"I'll probably pay off my house which will be a great feeling," he said.
"Maybe I'll celebrate with a nice bottle of scotch over the weekend."
The winning ticket was purchased at Blayney Newsagency and owner Sharryn Kearney said it was a thrill to sell a first prize-winning entry.
"It's so exciting to see this prize go to a local out here in Blayney," she said
"We've had a few big prizes land out here before but we haven't sold a major prize-winning entry in a long time so this is very exciting.
"It's great for locals to see that lottery wins do land in small country towns. We're hoping lightning strikes twice."
The Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot prize now stands at $73.48 million.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
About Lucky Lotteries
- Lucky Lotteries has two products: the Lucky Lotteries Super Jackpot and the Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot.
- Both Lucky Lotteries Super Jackpot and Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot have thousands of guaranteed prizes in every draw, from free tickets through to a first prize of $100,000 and $200,000 respectively.
- In addition to the guaranteed prizes in every draw, Lucky Lotteries is also a jackpotting game. The jackpot in the Lucky Lotteries game is won when the selected jackpot ticket number has already won a cash prize in that same draw. If the selected jackpot ticket hasn't already won a cash prize in that draw, then the top prize jackpots.
- Lucky Lotteries is a draw lottery where the jackpot winner takes the lot.
- Last calendar year, 74 million winners took home a total of $2.7 billion in prizemoney from Saturday Lotto, Monday and Wednesday Lotto, Powerball, Oz Lotto, Set for Life, Lucky Lotteries, Keno and Instant Scratch-Its.
Do you love Bathurst news?
- Sign up now for our free morning headlines and breaking news emails