IF predictions are right, some parts of the region could receive up to 50 millimetres of rainfall this week.
So far September has been a very dry month for the Central West with some locations - Dubbo, Nyngan and Young - receiving no rain at all.
By comparison, Orange has received 23mm of rain so far this month.
READ ALSO: Watch shark head straight for unaware surfer
Tuesday and Saturday are the best chances of rain in the region.
Lithgow is expected to be the wettest location, with rain predicted every day except Friday and up to 50mm possible.
While 30mm is expected in Mudgee and Cowra; 25mm in Dubbo and Bathurst; and 20mm in Forbes and Parkes.
GRAPH: Story continues below
Along with the predicted, there will rain a sharp drop in maximum temperatures on Tuesday.
In some areas, the mercury could plummet by up to 15 degrees.
The mercury will drop significantly with Monday's maximums in some locations more than double that of the following day, Weatherzone data shows.
- Bathurst: Monday 25 degrees, Tuesday 10 degrees
- Cowra: Monday 28 degrees, Tuesday 14 degrees
- Dubbo: Monday 30 degrees, Tuesday 15 degrees
- Forbes: Monday 30 degrees, Tuesday 15 degrees
- Lithgow: Monday 22 degrees, Tuesday 6 degrees
- Mudgee: Monday 28 degrees, Tuesday 13 degrees
- Orange: Monday 22 degrees, Tuesday 8 degrees
- Parkes: Monday 28 degrees, Tuesday 14 degrees
- Young: Monday 23 degrees, Tuesday 14 degrees
Love local news?
Why not subscribe.