THIS is the week that thousands of Supercars race fans, drivers, teams and volunteers have been waiting for.
The iconic Mount Panorama is already buzzing with Bathurst 1000 race fever with the first of the racing faithful already pitching their tents.
If you're busy packing your car, camper trailer, van or esky in preparation for your pilgrimage to the Mount, here's what you'll need to know.
General admission - gates will open and close to the public at the following times across the weekend:
- Thursday, October 10 - 7am to end of the last race
- Friday, October 11 - 7am to end of the last race
- Saturday, October 12 - 7am to end of the last race
- Sunday, October 13 - 7am to end of the last race
As of Sunday, October 6 only three campgrounds have some availability, they include: McPhillamy Campground B, Max Cameron Campground A, and Reid and Sulman Camground C. Visit Ticketek to book your site.
Campground check in times:
- Enduro - 9am Tuesday, October 8
- McPhillamy - 9am Saturday, October 5
- Reid and Sulman - 9am Saturday, October 5
- Max Cameron - 9am Tuesday, October 8
- Paddock - 9am Sunday October 6
- Chase - 9am Tuesday, October 8
- The Orchard - 9am Tuesday, October 8
- Motorhome Park - 9am Tuesday, October 8
Find out more about Bathurst 1000 camping.
The amount of alcohol you can bring into the Bathurst 1000 campgrounds is strictly monitored and organisers say if you bring too much you run the risk of having it confiscated.
Mount Panorama shuttle service
Bathurst Buslines will operate continual shuttle from Harris Park at the bottom of Mount Panorama to Reid Park at top of Mount Panorama each day. Return tickets available from ticket booth at bottom of Mountain in Merchandise area.
For further information contact Bathurst Buslines on 02 6331 2744 or email email@example.com.
Camping shuttle bus service
Bathurst Buslines will be operating a special shuttle bus service to and from Lloyds Road for patrons staying in the Orchard Campground. The shuttle bus will operate from Thursday, October 10 to Sunday, October 13. Click here to view the timetable.
Accessible shuttle bus service
A wheelchair equipped Mini Bus will operate an on demand service as required from Murray's Corner/Museum car park via under track tunnel. The service will be available on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the event from 8.30am to 6.30pm. Patrons must call Bathurst Buslines on 0408 482 951 to arrange pickup.
The taxi rank is located on Lloyds Road.
There are two major car parking areas: Paid VIP carpark (nearest to the circuit) or free general carpark (further from the circuit).
- Note: camping, motorhomes or caravans are not permitted in the free car park. Fines will apply for anything that is camping in this car park.
There are two accessible parking options available at Mount Panorama:
- With the proper vehicle accreditation, accessible parking is available off Ray Bant Drive immediately behind accessible viewing platform one, located on the outside of the circuit at Murray's Corner. Access is via gate one from Panorama Drive roundabout, provided the vehicle contains correct accreditation and all passengers in the vehicle are appropriately accredited with event tickets prior to entering the gate.
- Accessible parking is available in the main car park adjacent to gate four. Enter the car park off Panorama Drive.
Need to know more?
- Will operate during the gate opening times and are located in Harris Park (merchandise alley).
- Cost $10 at the following locations: Ticketek box office at the main gate; paddock box office; and at the Supercars Official Program Stand in merchandise alley (Harris Park)
- The information booth is located just inside the main gate into Harris Park/merchandise alley. The information booth will be the first point of contact for lost children and lost property.
Trackside Survival Guide
- Check out St John Ambulance NSW's handy guide here.
- Tune into 103.9MHz during the event to hear commentary of racing action and what's happening on and off the track.
Want more Bathurst news?
Why not subscribe.