BATHURST Regional Council has yet to hear if the NSW Government will provide the $20 million it is seeking to improve Bathurst's water security.
The two levels of government met in late October to discuss the short-term options council wants to embark on to extend the life of Bathurst's water supply during the drought.
Council's top priorities are stormwater harvesting, which has been a success in Orange, and upgrading the Winburndale pipeline.
As of Wednesday, two weeks after the meeting, council had not been made aware of any decision from the state government.
"I can confirm that the mayor, the general manager and myself have met recently with the minister to progress those discussions and they were very promising," director of Engineering Services, Darren Sturgiss, said.
"As recent as yesterday (Tuesday), myself and our water security project officer have met with the Public Works Advisory to further discuss some of our short-term water security matters.
"So the work is well-progressing, but what we obviously need is advice with regards to our funding request."
The projects council has focused on are ones that can be executed relatively quickly as soon as funding becomes available.
However, other medium and long-term projects have been flagged for implementation in the future.
While council's recent requests for financial assistance from the NSW Government have only been for short-term projects, Mr Sturgiss said council will also reach out for further assistance to support future projects.
The NSW Government has previously pledged $2 million for council to investigate medium to long-term solutions and strategies to secure the region's water supply.
Council has also received $2.25 million from the Safe and Secure Water Program for the strengthening of Winburndale Dam wall, and construction work for that project is already well under way.