THE newest recruits at St Pat's will have to wait a little longer before they pull on a blue white jersey, after the NSWRL in partnership with the NRL decided to cancel all rugby league activity until the start of May.
It was announced on Wednesday morning that all senior and junior rugby league activity would be cancelled until May 1, which included all trial games, training sessions and competitions.
This means Group 10, Mid West Cup, Woodbridge Cup, Group 11 and the Castlereagh Cup are all pushed back by six weeks.
St Pat's went on a recruiting blitz in the off-season, signing the likes former Cowra back Lee McClintock, Oberon trio Abel Lefaoseu, Jackson Brien and Blake Fitzpatrick, former club junior Luke Single from Western Suburbs Rosellas and Kiwi trio Logan Afoa, Haze Reweti and Taumutu Nohotima.
Now all those players will have to wait until May at least to get a run with the club, but that's not all that's been affected at St Pat's.
Many of the club's social events including the season launch and race day on Saturday had to be postponed, with the Blue and White Ball is in doubt.
The annual Brendon 'Stubby' Collits Memorial match with Forbes Magpies has also been postponed and St Pat's president Graeme Ward said it's unlikely that time will be found to play it.
"It was meant to be in Forbes this year and at this stage it's deferred, but I don't think we'll have enough time to play that," he said.
"That match won't probably happen again until next year."
While the health and safety is paramount for everyone involved in the sport and in the wider community, Ward said it was disappointing that the club will get to miss out on playing the opening weeks of the competition.
"Everyone at the club is disappointed," he said.
"They were looking forward to the local derby with Panthers, obviously with Panthers still being the benchmark.
"We had our race day booked in for this Saturday. All the girls had that all organised, but we've had to cancel that.
"Our Blue and White Ball, we don't know if that can continue. It's just all that sort of stuff that's up in the air at the moment. We've just got to be guided by people above."
Ward doesn't know what will happen to the games that are missed during the suspension, saying Group 10 will ultimately make the call.
"I think everyone in the whole Group was looking forward to the year and to not get even one game in so far, it's disappointing," he said.