THIS week, a message from our vice chancellor, Professor Andrew Vann, on Charles Sturt's response to COVID-19:
Charles Sturt University is taking all necessary steps in regard to COVID-19.
The health and wellbeing of our staff, students and communities is our highest priority.
As Australia's leading provider of online learning, we are now moving on-campus students to online delivery. Campuses remain open with a reduced number of services in line with government advice.
We have also made the following decisions:
Across our campuses, the following services closed from midday, Monday, March 23:
- Student Central counter service, though online and phone services will continue.
- Gyms and fitness areas.
Dining areas on campus will offer only takeaway services for contactless payments. We are no longer accepting cash.
Residential students will be required to take their food away and ensure social distancing is applied when eating within residences.
Residential students who are unwell will have food delivered to their residence by the food and beverage team with appropriate personal protection equipment.
Charlie's store will remain open for contactless purchases only.
Learning commons remain open but social distancing will be enforced.
Residential common areas will remain open and will require students to abide by social distancing protocols.
Additional cleaning will be carried out at serving areas and within Charlie's outlets.
In addition, our previous decisions remain applicable.
- The university has suspended all international travel to April 30, 2020.
- The university has cancelled non-essential domestic travel.
- The university cancelled all non-essential events.
- From Monday, March 23, we started moving to online delivery. Some classes, where it is safe, may still be face-to-face in this transition week.
- We brought break forward to March 30 for two weeks.
- Classes will resume Tuesday, April 14 and will be online for the remainder of session one, 2020.
- This includes our Study Centres in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane (delivered in partnership with Study Group Australia).
- Students in residences are encouraged and supported to leave campus and return home.
We are taking every step possible to ensure the safety of our students, staff and community.
We thank everyone involved for working with us to protect each other.
More information on Charles Sturt and COVID-19 is available on our dedicated site, www.csu.edu.au/covid-19