BATHURST Regional Council and Autofest promoter Les Adams have locked in an agreement for the event to remain on the Mount Panorama motorsport calendar for another five years.
The 2021 Autofest earlier this month was the 10th running of the event and council and Mr Adams have signed an agreement that will see it continue at Mount Panorama until at least 2026, with an for another five years after that.
"The event brings in motorsport enthusiasts from across the region and further afield, adding to the diverse offering of events hosted in the city each year," mayor Bobby Bourke said.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
- Smaller marches, limited crowds for Bathurst's Anzac Day services
- Successful campaign as rain pain finally goes down the drain
- Bathurst company wins tender for stage three of CCTV network
- "We look forward to continuing our relationship with Bathurst Autofest into the future."
Mr Adams said Bathurst Autofest continues to grow in popularity and the successful running of the 2021 event bodes well for the future.
"Autofest brings together passionate motorsport enthusiasts. Demand for entries has been at an all time high this year across all categories and slight changes to formats and times has proven to be very successful," he said.
"We look forward to continuing to bring this popular event to Bathurst at Mount Panorama."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
What do you think?
- Why not write us a letter to the editor ...