An employee at Nestlé's Blayney factory has tested positive for COVID-19 following the plant's exposure to the virus last week.
The worker who tested positive has been in isolation at home since Sunday.
A statement from Nestlé said the worked is "doing reasonably well".
The Blayney factory has also been closed since Sunday so a professional deep clean of the premise can occur.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
The statement says the person is among a small number of people identified by NSW Health as close contacts of the truck driver who tested positive following his visit to the site last week.
All close contacts have been tested, and all have been directed to self-isolate by NSW Health.
"Our immediate concern since becoming aware of the possibility of contact at the site has been to protect our workers and the community." the statement says.
Nestlé says all employees who works on the site will have a COVID-19 test and only return to work following a negative result.
"We have actively traced movements of people on site and continue to provide every assistance to NSW Health," the statement continues.
"We urge everyone who works at the site, their families and the broader community to minimise their movements in the community wherever possible and to follow all directions of NSW Health."
The Blayney community on Monday flooded NSW Health's pop-up drive-thru testing clinic at the Blayney Showground to get tested.
This article has been made free to all readers but we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.