ALL Bathurst Hockey Association and Bathurst Netball Association games which had been planned for this weekend will no longer proceed as the sporting bodies react to the current NSW Health stay-at-home rules.
The decision comes as not only have teams playing in each association been impacted by the lockdown in the Orange, Blayney and Cabonne local council areas, but in the interests of health and safety of all involved.
In the case of the Cooke Hockey Complex, it is also undergoing a deep clean and closed for at least a seven-day period.
"Bathurst Hockey Association have members who reside in these [impacted] areas, including an entire team from Blayney, and also members who have travelled through the council areas including under 11 district players and parents to Dubbo last weekend," the BHA board said in a statement.
"We also hosted teams/supporters, officials etc. within the last five days from the restricted areas for the Western Premier League competitions.
"With the safety and well being of our members and community in mind, Bathurst Hockey Association Inc has made the decision to close the Cooke Hockey Complex and cancel hockey in Bathurst for the weekend."
No training is permitted at the Cooke Hockey Complex until July 28, and it is the same case for the BNA courts.
The BNA said in a statement that "in the interest of the health and safety of all players, umpires, officials and spectators", all games that were to be played this Saturday have been abandoned, while those scheduled for Sunday have been moved to August 15.
The associations will continue to evaluate the changing COVID-19 situation.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: