ONLY days after it was reopened to the public, Bathurst Regional Council has closed the Waste Management Centre as a precaution due to a potential COVID exposure.
And council says kerbside rubbish collections may be delayed as a result.
A council statement said the centre had been closed on Sunday afternoon after council was advised that a staff member was potentially exposed to a positive COVID-19 case.
"Buildings at the facility will be cleaned and the centre is now closed until further notice," the statement said.
"Work control is on site to manage traffic and stop entry to the facility.
"Please note that council's kerbside collections will continue this week, however, waste collection may be delayed as contractors will be assisting with the collection of general waste (the red-lid bin).
"A further update will be provided as soon as we are able."
The tip - which was closed by council due to the regional NSW lockdown - was only reopened on Friday after council said it had received new advice from the NSW Environment Protection Authority.
The development at the tip came after Bathurst recorded no new COVID cases to 8pm on Saturday, though Lithgow had one.
It means Bathurst has had 39 COVID cases during this Delta outbreak, but has 20 active cases.
Member for Bathurst Paul Toole said there were 392 tests in Bathurst on Saturday.
The Western NSW Local Health District said around 1000 people got vaccinated on the final day of the walk-in clinic at Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre on Saturday.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: