A 13-YEAR-OLD boy is one of two people charged following a messy melee at Bathurst Aquatic Centre on Saturday.
And more arrests are expected after the incident, involving police and a group of poolgoers, spilled into the McDonald’s car park.
Senior police officers were on Monday reviewing the body-worn video of officers who were called to the scene, as well as CCTV from the Bathurst Aquatic Centre.
Allegations surfaced on social media on Monday that a teenager had been capsicum-sprayed in the incident, but having reviewed footage from the body-worn cameras, senior police said there was no evidence of that.
Following the incident, a 32-year-old woman was arrested for assaulting police and a 13-year-old boy was taken into custody on a string of charges including failing to comply with police direction, offensive language, offensive conduct and resisting arrest.
Chifley Police District duty officer Inspector David Abercrombie said police were called to the pool at 6.20pm on Saturday following a complaint that children had refused to to leave.
Inspector Abercrombie said when police arrived they were trying to investigate what had occurred when the 32-year-old woman began abusing police verbally.
Police investigations continued, as did the woman’s verbal tirade against them, but things escalated when police allege she pushed an officer in the chest.
She was subsequently arrested and charged by police.
A short time later, the 13-year-old was arrested by police in the McDonald’s car park.
Inspector Abercrombie said the body-worn video, rolled out across the police district at the end of August, was pivotal in establishing what happened and would be used as an investigative tool for further arrests.
He said it was clear from the video that there were a number of people, mostly juveniles, who were committing offences at the time police were arresting the 13-year-old.
He said the teenager, who police allege was antagonising the situation, would most likely be dealt with under the Young Offender’s Act.
The 32-year-old was bailed to appear before Bathurst Local Court on November 19.
Bathurst Regional Council is aware of the incident.
“The matter is currently being investigated by police and council has no comment on the matter,” a spokesperson said.
“The pool is leased to a private entity and they are responsible for the day-to-day management of the facility.”