EXTREME rainfall, flooding and damage in the Jenolan valley have forced the temporary suspension all activities including hotel, cafe, restaurant, cave tours and bushwalks.
The Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has closed all roads in and out of Jenolan, with the closure expected to last until February 23.
"Our priority, first and foremost, is the safety and wellbeing of our staff and visitors. When conditions are safe, we will resume business as usual," Jenolan Caves posted to social media.
READ MORE: Rain a 'psychological boost' for farmers
Bathurst MP Paul Toole said Jenolan Caves was impacted by the recent bushfires that swept through the area last month, leaving little vegetation on the ground.
"Now, torrential downpours over the weekend have resulted in mudslides and debris that have impacted caves house, the arches, and surrounding buildings," he said.
"Transport for NSW are working closely with caves staff to restore access to the area, and reopen this popular attraction to tourists and staff.
"Everyone is working as quickly as possible to reopen access and prepare the caves for visitors."
This closure comes 10 days after the site was reopened following massive bushfires through the area which destroyed four buildings.
Jenolan Caves apologised via social media for anyone whose holiday arrangements had been affected.
READ MORE: Bushfire protesters descend on parliament
"We will make every effort to contact everyone who has booked with us during this temporary closure," it posted.
Keep up to date with with road closures in the area at Live Traffic.
Love local news?
Why not subscribe, the first 30 days of full website access is free.