VERY heavy rain across the region overnight has left roads flooded and some people without power.
Widespread rain was recorded with Mudgee, Bathurst and Forbes with each town recording significant falls from Tuesday evening through until early Wednesday.
Mudgee received the most at 26.6 millimetres, followed by Bathurst (19.0mm), Forbes (14.4mm) and Goulburn (11.0mm).
Rain was also recorded in Parkes (7.8mm), Lithgow (4.4mm), Cowra (3.6mm) and Young (1.4mm)
A number of roads across the region are impacted by flooding, these include:
- CLOSED - Bathurst. Russell Street, at the railway bridge between Havannah and Lyal streets
- IMPACTED - The Escort Way at Parkes Eugowra Road. The road is affected in both directions
- IMPACTED - The Escort Way, from Forbes to Eugowra. Road affected in both directions
- CLOSED - Parkes. Middle Trundle Road, between Henry Parkes Way (West) and The Bogan Way
- CLOSED - Trundle. The Bogan Way, between Fifield-Trundle and Numalla roads
- CLOSED - Tullamore. The McGrane Way, between Bulgandramine Road and Cardigan Street
Power is out in for some residents across the region, including:
- Bathurst - 18 properties, at Turondale and near Oberon
- Trundle - 2 properties
- Lake Cargelligo - 36 properties
- Harden - 2 properties
- Chatsbury 29 properties, east of Crookwell
There is a very high chance of further showers and a thunderstorm in the region on Wednesday.
Love local news?
Why not subscribe, the first 30 days of full website access is free.