MEET the famous five of Windradyne's Balance Early Education.
The centre says it is extremely proud of its team after five educators were listed as finalists in the 2021 NSW Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards.
Madison Jolly, Paris Medhurst-Howell, Briarly Frisby, Madison Hatch and Kayne Knott each put a lot of time and effort into nourishing the minds of the children they teach and are now being rewarded for their efforts, Balance Early Education owner Darlene Wadham said.
"Our entire team have an incredible focus on families and children, and we are proud of every one of them," she said.
"To have five selected as finalists is a significant achievement.
"There were apparently a large number of entries and we notice that the majority of finalists are from the Sydney area, so we are proud to be flying the flag for regional services."
Ms Wadham said the educators have rallied together during lockdown to create home learning packs and videos to keep the students engaged and their learning on track.
She said Balance Early Education wishes its finalists the best of luck and is very proud of their achievements.
The winners are set to be announced at the official awards presentation in March next year.
The full list of Balance finalist categories is:
- Trainee of the Year Awards (Certificate III) finalist - Madison Jolly
- Trainee of the Year Awards (Diploma) finalist - Paris Medhurst-Howell
- Regional Female Educator Excellence Award finalist - Briarly Frisby
- Regional Female Educator Excellence Award finalist - Madison Hatch
- Male Educator Excellence Award finalist - Kayne Knott