SCOTT McLaughlin has completed the fastest lap ever around Mount Panorama during the top 10 shootout on Saturday afternoon.
He completed his flying lap in 2:03:3783, which was +0.4114 ahead of Chaz Mostert who drove the second fastest during the shootout.
Speaking to the commentary team just after his lap, McLaughlin was overwhelmed.
READ MORE: Meet the unsung heroes of this Race Week
"Oh my god, bloody hell ... I was hanging on for dear life there," he said.
The shootout lasted 45 minutes and included the 10 fastest drivers from Friday's qualifying session.
McLaughlin will now start the Bathurst 1000 from pole position on Sunday.
Top 10 shootout results
- Scott McLaughlin 2:03:3783
- Chaz Mostert +0.4114
- Cameron Waters +0.5395
- Jamie Whincup +0.5722
- Shane van Gisbergen +0.7353
- Will Davison +0.9512
- Anton de Pasquale +1.0047
- Nick Percat +1.2922
- Tim Slade +1.4612
- Mark Winterbottom +1.6017
Find out more about about how the top 10 shootout works.
We also looked into which driver and the make/team that has had the most pole positions, check out the stats here.
Also, who has actually won from pole? Can you remember? Take a look here.
The order they took to the track
- Qualifying lap time in brackets
- Anton de Pasquale - Penrite Racing Holden Commodore ZB (2:29.8288)
- Mark Winterbottom - Irwin Racing Holden Commodore ZB(2:29.8025)
- Cameron Waters - Monster Energy Racing Ford Mustang (2:29.7038)
- Jamie Whincup - Red Bull Holden Racing Team Holden Commodore ZB (2:29.6973)
- Nick Percat - 7-Eleven Mobil Racing Holden Commodore ZB (2:29.4619)
- Tim Slade- Freightliner Alliance Racing Holden Commodore ZB (2:29.3889)
- Will Davison- Milkwaukee Racing Ford Mustang (2:29.2431)
- Shane van Gisbergen - Red Bull Holden Racing Holden Commodore ZB (2:29.1880)
- Chaz Mostert - Supercheap Auto Racing Ford Mustang (2:280484)
- Scott McLaughlin - Shell V-Power Racing Ford Mustang (2:27.6476)
READ MORE: We asked - What's your Bathurst 1000 number?
Love local news?
Why not subscribe, the first 30 days of full website access is free.