WANT to know a bit more about the candidates contesting the Bathurst Regional Council election on December 4? Well, we hope this helps.
The Western Advocate emailed a series of questions to the lead candidate on each of the 12 teams contesting the election and to each of the solo candidates, asking for their views on a range of important local issues.
We are reproducing the answers we have received, in the candidates' own words, to give voters a bit more of an insight into each candidate's motivation in running for council and how they might perform if they win a seat in the chamber.
The Western Advocate has not charged the candidates to take part in this questionnaire and we have made their responses freely available online to all readers.
The questions emailed to each candidate were:
* If you are a lead candidate, briefly introduce your team and explain why you chose to run a ticket. If you are a solo candidate, please explain your decision also.
* What are your top three priorities for the next council term?
* What are your thoughts on the proposed Bathurst Integrated Medical Centre and associated car park, including a proposed exemption to CBD height limits?
* What should council be doing to improve Bathurst's water security?
* Do you support an additional river crossing? If so, where?
* How should the former ambulance station site be used?
* Would you support a go-kart track in the vicinity of the old drive-in site and Rayner's Orchard, Mount Panorama? If so, how should it be funded?
* Do you support raising rates above the cap to help address council's reported $100 million infrastructure backlog?
* What are your ideas for improving the relationship between council and the local business community?
* Women are historically underrepresented on Bathurst Regional Council. How will you ensure women are given a voice in council matters?
* There have been accusations of division among Bathurst Regional councillors in recent years. How will you work with people you might disagree with?
* Please detail any funding/donations you have received to support your council campaign.
Here are the answers provided by (in alphabetical order):
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: